Local Guide to Sedalia, MO
Whether you're from out of town or a long-time Sedalia resident, Bryant Motors is happy to help you explore this wonderful community we have called home for the better part of a century.
When Bryant Motors first opened its doors in 1936, the community of Sedalia was still reeling from the stock market crash and Great Depression. In fact, Life Magazine dubbed Sedalia the second hardest hit city by the Great Depression in the entire country.
More than 80 years later, our fair city has experienced great revitalization, resulting in a growth in population and a booming residential sector. Now, with attractions such as the Missouri State Fair and the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art, Sedalia has become a popular destination for Missourians and people from all over the country.
While you're in the neighborhood, don't forget to stop by our Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership. We are conveniently located on 2901 South Limit Ave. (off US 65) just south of downtown Sedalia. Come browse our extensive selection of affordably priced new and used vehicles for sale.
About Sedalia, MO
Located in Pettis County, Missouri, Sedalia is a rural city located 30 miles south of the Missouri River in the west-center of the state. Two major highways – US 50 and US 65 – intersect in downtown Sedalia, offering convenient access to Whiteman Air Force Base, Warrensburg, Marshall, Clinton, Boonville, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Springfield, St. Louis and many other communities throughout Missouri.
The city of Sedalia prides itself on its top-performing public schools, job opportunities, plenty of recreation and a safe community environment for raising a family. Sedalia's climate is typical of the Midwest, with the warmest month being July (average temperature of 78 degrees F) and the coldest being January (average temperature of 31 degrees F).
Here are some other interesting facts about Sedalia and Missouri:
- The Dodge Grand Caravan minivan was the most popular vehicle in Missouri, selling at 208 percent of the national average in 2015.
- The state of Missouri was named after a tribe of Sioux Indians from this region called the Missouris. The word "Missouri" means "wooden canoe people" or "he of the big canoe."
- Missouri is home to more than 6,100 known caves and is called "the cave state." Richland, Missouri, located less than 2 hours from Sedalia, is the only city in the U.S. with a cave restaurant.
- Missouri ties Tennessee as the U.S. state bordering the most other states (Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska).
- The City of Sedalia was founded in October 1860.
- The Missouri State Fair welcomes nearly 400,000 visitors every August and is the third largest State Fairgrounds in the United States.
- In the American television movie The Day After (1983), aired by ABC, Sedalia is destroyed when the Soviet Union attacks the Minuteman II Missile silos around the area. Sedalia was also featured in two widely seen 1977 films: Heroes, starring Henry Winkler and Harrison Ford; and the made-for-TV movie Scott Joplin, starring Billy Dee Williams.
- Sedalia is well-known as the adopted home of ragtime music's most well-known musician and stylist Scott Joplin.
- The first Boy Scout Troop in in the nation was formed in Sedalia in 1909.
Driver License & Vehicle Registration Office of Sedalia, Missouri
3135 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301
To find out what documents you'll need to bring to register your new car, visit the Missouri DMV website. You have 30 days to register or risk a late fee.
Locate other Missouri Safety Inspection Stations near you:
Missouri Safety Inspection
Missouri state law mandates that all motor vehicles must pass a safety inspection, which can be performed at any sanctioned inspection station. During this inspection, your car's safety will be assessed, including testing seatbelts, turn signals, horn, airbags and other mechanisms.
Missouri Smog and Emissions Testing
If you register your vehicle in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Franklin County or Jefferson County, then you must also order a Missouri emissions test. Visit the Gateway Vehicle Inspection Program's FAQ page for more information.
Bryant Motors is an official Missouri Safety Inspection Station!
Bring your vehicle down to our hassle-free Service Department in Sedalia.
Plan Your Visit to Sedalia, MO
Sedalia is a great place to raise a family or come to vacation, offering family fun for all ages – from trying our famous Gooberburger and lots of tasty BBQ dining options, to taking a winery tour, to visiting the Missouri State Fair and the contemporary art museum. Listed below are our recommendations for experiencing the best Sedalia has to offer.
Nature & Outdoors
Attractions & Events
How to Find Bryant Motors of Sedalia
We are conveniently located at 2901 South Limit Ave. in Sedalia, Missouri, about a ½ mile south of the Missouri State Fairgrounds across from Sonic Drive-In just off U.S. Highway 65.
If you pass a Domino's Pizza and Best Western motel, you've gone too far!
Customer Reviews of Bryant Motors, Sedalia's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealer
"We bought two new vehicles from them today, on two trades and had two kids with us. They were fantastic, kept us informed throughout the whole process, helped entertain my toddler, and gave us exactly what we wanted. Most importantly, didn't try to pressure us into buying something worth more. I seriously recommend them!"
"I loved coming to this store in Sedalia and talking with an amazing sales rep Lindsey! All the reps were so helpful in finding us a car that we liked and they make very fair deals on trade ins and push for you the customer to get the best rates that you can! Defiantly a store I will be considering for future purchases! Thanks for the great business!"